Subject: Re: Another LW bug!
From: "Daniel J. McCoy" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 95 11:50 PDT

At 11:41 AM 10/19/95 -0700, you wrote:
>	Keep posting:  both Allen and Stuart read this list regularley-- the
>better you can document your bugz the better they can squash 'em.

Actually, I'm not sure if they read the list messages regularly however
those that DO talk to them regularly may pass them on (ie: John Gross, Mark
Thompson, ect).  Also, these bugs should also be reported to the proper
channels at NewTek.  

>	[ Also, and I assume we ALL know this, software as complicated as LW &
>LWM  is extremely difficult to develop and manage, and seldom used or 
>encountered situations are bound to "fall thru the cracks".  So, be of good 
>cheer!  At least you know we'll ALL be in the same boat if we try to duplicate
>your efforts! ] <cold comfort mode OFF>

While I applaud both Stuart and Allen for their tremendous efforts (I'm
forever impressed at LightWave and that only two people are primarily
responsible), I sincerely hope the LightWave project managers take a very
close look at the beta program they currently have.  Don't stop at just
giving beta releases to key individuals/groups that need new features.
Expand the beta program to include others that do NOT depend on these new
features to keep 'em going but can spend the time testing everything they
can.  I know one individual that has routinely faxed NewTek bugs in the full
releases he's played with from 1.0 (this guy can darn near crash anything).
He doesn't do CGI for a living either and has never beta tested LightWave.
Some of these bugs are downright blatent and SHOULD have been caught in the
beta process.  I know some bugs will slip through the cracks despite all the
hard beta testing work but at least the more embarrassing bugs are squished
before the release goes out to customers.

I just hope NewTek makes a patch available shortly to fix some of these
bugaboos...

(Off his soapbox)
Dan
(Who worked in a certification department testing software/hardware releases
before a beta process and now gets to write/fix the code I once broke...  :) )
--
Daniel J. McCoy - [email-masked] or [email-masked]
WWW - http://www.pacificnet.net/~djmccoy

--
"Daniel J. McCoy" <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]